Love is in the Hair: Donate a Haircut
A non-profit initiative sponsored by OPHA that encourages Ontarians to Donate a Haircut to someone in need this season.
Help Those Who Need it Most
A lot of people underestimate the true power of a great haircut. Everyone has the ability to change how they feel by simply changing their look.
Many of us have had the opportunity to experience an instant lift in self-esteem and confidence after a great haircut. However, a new haircut can be out of reach for those dealing with financial, housing, or employment barriers. This includes youth and those heading out for a job or housing interview.
Help Salons Pay it Forward
Salons across Ontario have volunteered their time to Donate a Haircut to those in need. We are asking you to help Pay it Forward with a donation of $25 or more to GiftsinKind.ca.
Your donation will support this wonderful initiative.
How it Works
Choose your donation amount of $25 or more.
The Gift will be forwarded to GiftsinKind.ca who will deliver it to one of the 50 participating not for profit organizations across Ontario. Each participating non-profit will distribute the donation to those in need in their communities.
Time to Act and Pay it Forward!
Join our Love is in the Hair Campaign and make a difference in someone’s life today.
Share & follow the campaign by using #LoveIsInTheHairOPHA on Social Media!
- 360 Kids
- African Canadian Association of Ottawa
- Alliance for South Asian AIDS Prevention
- Banff Avenue Community house
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ottawa
- Caldwell Family Centre
- Capital Rainbow Refuge
- Carlington Community Health Center
- Causeway Work Centre
- Centre 454 Ottawa
- Centre for Skills Development
- Community Laundry Co-op (CLC)
- Confederation Court Community House
- CSC Vanier
- Dress for Success Ottawa
- Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre
- Employment + Education Centre
- Employment + Education Centre
- Family Services Ottawa
- Heartwood House
- Inuuqatigiit Centre
- Inuuqatigiit Centre for Inuit Children, Youth, and Families
- Inuuqatigiit Centre Ottawa
- Inuuqatigiit PSE Hub
- John Howard Society of Kingston – ReStart Employment Services
- John Howard Society of Niagara
- John Howard Society of Ottawa
- Kagita Mikam Ottawa
- KEYS Employment & Newcomer Services
- LiveWorkPlay Ottawa
- Lowertown Community Resource Centre
- Matthew House Ottawa Refugee Services Inc.
- Mothercraft Ottawa
- Nelson House of Ottawa-Carleton
- Nepean Rideau Osgoode Community Resource Centre
- Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization
- Ottawa Independent Living Resource Centre
- Ottawa-Carleton Association for Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- Pinecrest Queensway CHC- Employment Services
- Pinecrest Queensway Community Health Centre`
- Pinecrest Terrace Community House
- Robert Smart Centre
- Russell Heights Community House
- Rwanda Social Services and Family Couseling
- SOMALI CENTRE FOR FAMILY SERVICES
- Sound Care Wellness
- St Luke’s Table Ottawa
- St. Marys Home (SMH)
- Upstream Ottawa Mental Health Community Support
- Western Ottawa Community Resource Center
- Winthrop Court Community House
- Women’s Multicultural Resource and Counselling Centre of Durham (WMRCC)
- Youville Centre
This Employment Ontario Program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.